Best Start successes: 2022 & 2023
- Funded 20 additional part time nursery placements for children aged between 2-3 years old who are not meeting their age expected developmental milestones at two through the Jersey Child Care Trust (JCCT).
- Supported 3 newly accredited MAYBO trainers to deliver training to 40 early years practitioners. MAYBO training supports early years practitioners to understand children’s developmental needs and behaviours.
- Launched a Speech and Language Pilot with Every Child Our Future (ECOF) and funded one Speech and Language therapist in two local primary schools, supporting 154 children.
- Launched Makaton Training across Nurseries and Schools. Makaton is a unique language programme that uses symbols, signs and speech to enable people to communicate.
- Supported Sing and Sign training. This training supports Nurseries and Schools to add sign language to their story and nursery rhyme sessions.
- Provided ERIC training to Nurseries and Schools. ERIC is a national charity dedicated to improving children’s bowel and bladder health.